What is a gas safety inspection ?
WHAT DOES A GAS SAFETY INSPECTION INCLUDE ?
- A Visual inspection of the installation , appliance position and terminal position.
- Check the casing and seals.
- Check gas meter for correct lableing and access.
- Carry out tightness test of the installation.
- Check standing,working and burner pressure.
- Check gas rate and compare with manufacturers data.
- Check ventilation.
- Test flue flow for correct combustion and operation of flue.
- Test all flame failure devices for correct operation.
- Investigate any eveidence of unsafe operation of appliances.
Q. I HAVE A GAS METER , BOILER AND A GAS HOB , HOW MUCH WILL I BE CHARGED FOR MY CERTIFICATE ?
A. The price of the certificate would be £48.00 plus VAT , the gas meter is included in the price as it is not an appliance , the boiler is the main appliance and you have one extra appliance.
Q. When do I get my certificates ?
A. Once the installaton has passed the inspection and payment has been made you will be issued with two copies of your gas safety certificate , one copy for the landlord / agent and one copy for the tenant , we also keep a copy for our records.
Q.WHAT HAPPENS IF MY INSTALLATION FAILS THE INSPECTION ?
A. We will only fail an installation if there is a risk of the appliance becoming dangerous or if the appliance or installation is an immediate danger to the life of the occupants of the property.There are many installations which are not installed to current standards , these are just noted on the certificate but not failed.However if there is an appliance which does fail a warning notice will be given and the appliance labelled , turned off and with your permission disconected if immediately dangerous.If we carry out the remedial works to make the appliance or installation safe we will not charge for the second certificate.
Q.DO YOU DO GAS CERTIFICATES FOR HOMEOWNERS SELLING A PROPERTY ? WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO PROVIDE ONE BY OUR SOLICITOR.
A.Yes we carry out gas safety inspections for vendors and buyers in the proccess of selling / purchasing a property with a gas installation.